- 1 Carbo Veg 30, 200 Benefits & Uses – Carbo Vegetabilis Homeopathic Materia Medica
- 2 Doctrine of Signature
- 3 Physio-pathological Changes (Pathology)
- 4 Characteristic Mental Symptoms (Psychology)
- 5 Characteristic Physical Guiding Symptoms
- 6 Important Characteristic Features
- 7 General Modalities
- 8 Remedy Relationships
- 9 Comparison
- 10 Carbo Veg Dosage
- 11 Repetition
In this post, I shall discuss the Carbo Vegetabilis uses and Benefits.
Carbo Veg 30, 200 Benefits & Uses – Carbo Vegetabilis Homeopathic Materia Medica
Potency: 6CH, 12CH, 30, 200, 1M, 10M, 50M, CM
Want to see Carbo Vegetabilis in Hindi or Urdu?
Add our website to Google Translate to get the Hindi or Urdu version.
- Desire for things that can make the patient sick
- Better rapid fanning, yearns to be fanned
- Hoarseness (voice changes) in the evening
- The coldness of the body, mainly the legs
Source: Mineral kingdom
Prover: Dr. Samuel Hahnemann
Synonyms: Wood charcoal, Vegetable charcoal
Miasmatic Backgroud: Psora
Duration of Action: Up to 2 Months (60 days)
Thermal Relationship: Very hot
Introduction and History: It is considered to be a life saving medicine and beneficial in the last stages of some fatal diseases; in collapse condition with sweating and coldness. It is usually prescribed during childhood and old age. Carbo Vegetabilis is a very chronic, deep, long acting, antipsoric remedy.
It keeps the vitality and integrity of all the organs and tissues going. This is a desperate medicine for a desperate condition, a condition where the vitality has been evacuated to the very end.
Preparation and Parts Used: The wood is thoroughly heated until it gets red. Triturations are made from wood ash along with sugar of milk to third trituration from which higher potencies are made.
Constitution and Physiognomy: It is best suited to weak women at climacteric age and cachectic patients. The face is pale, puffy, bluish and hippocratic. Vital power is weakened.
Description: It is made from wood by burning it. Wood charcoal is a porous, black and brittle substance. It is tasteless, odorless and when heated in air it is changed into carbon dioxide. When burning, it generates no smoke.
Ailments From: Bad effects of an old injury, alcohol, eggs, abuse of salt, overheating, bad effects of quinine, suppressed malaria, loss of vital fluids, meat or fish, abuse of mercury, getting overheated, alcohol, ice water, bad food, wine, butter, strains, change of Weather, etc.
Seat of Action (Pharmacodynamics): Stomach, digestive tract, lungs, vascular system, mucous membranes, heart, circulation, blood, veins, capillary, gastrointestinal tract etc.
Doctrine of Signature
- When charcoal burns, the smoke goes upwards; similar to the gas gathers in the upper side of the abdomen of the patient.
- Vegetable charcoal is blackish in color; similar to the patient looks bluish and blackish because of cyanosis.
- Ash is brought together on the outer surface; externally it looks cold but heat is present internally, similar to the patient is cold externally but there is intense heat internally.
- Vegetable charcoal needs fanning from very close distance to ignite; similar to the patient desires to be fanned from a close distance.
- While preparing charcoal the burning wood is lacking oxygen, similar to the patients do not get a good supply of oxygen and are hence, cyanosed.
Physio-pathological Changes (Pathology)
- It acts on the nervous system making vasomotor paralysis.
- Works on the head; the head feels full and the limbs experience dull and puffy.
- Works on different parts of the body, causes turbidity, sluggishness and swelling of parts.
- Works on veins, blood and capillaries causing hemorrhage and weakness.
- It works on the mucous surface of the vegetative system producing excessive acidity and excessive accumulation of gas in the abdomen or abdomen.
Characteristic Mental Symptoms (Psychology)
- Thinking is difficult due to the confusion in the head.
- Very irritable, excitable and likely to become angry.
- Afraid of ghosts at night time.
- Person is very restless, anxious from 4 to 6 pm.
- Weakness of memory and slowness of thoughts.
- Ideas flow slowly; stupor, collapse.
- Listens without any feeling of displeasure or pleasure, indifference.
- Vertigo, when stooping from gas.
Characteristic Physical Guiding Symptoms
Prostration: Great weakness and prostration from least mental or physical effort; sudden prostration. Great weakness from nursing, exhausted vitality from loss of vital fluids.
Air hunger: Desires to be constantly fanned fastly and from a close distance in all complaints.
Coldness: Body is very cold to touch; cold surface, especially below the knees up to the feet. Copious cold perspiration, cold tongue, cold breath; fingertips are icy cold.
Bleeding: Hemorrhage from any mucous outlet; blood oozes from weakened tissues; vital force used up. Hemorrhage may be from stomach, nose, bowels, gums, bladder, etc.
Sweat: Profuse sweating, cold sweat, exhausting night sweats. Sweat may be sour or putrid in nature.
Sluggishness: Person is mentally as well as physically sluggish with weak digestion.
Burning: Burning pains, burning heat in some internal parts of the body. Itching and burning of skin, burning in head, burning in gangrene, lungs, sides of chest et cetera.
Flatulence: Digestion is weak, simplest food disagrees, excessive gathering of gas in the stomach and intestines; sensation as if stomach would burst, eructation provides temporary relief.
Ulceration: Tendency for ulceration, humid gangrene in cachetic persons; great filthiness of secretions. Ulceration everywhere which does not heal.
Putridity: Discharges of the body are putrid & unpleasant in nature; cadaverous smelling stools, fetid sputa.
Desires: Desires for whisky, brandy or things which make the person sick; crave for coffee.
Blueness: Blueness of the skin because of stagnation of blood in the capillaries. Wants to be fanned constantly, symptoms of imperfect oxidation.
Soreness: Soreness and rawness in throat while coughing; acrid, corrosive moisture from rectum; leucorrhea greenish yellow, milky and excoriating.
Stools: Frequent, involuntary, cadaverous smelling stools, soft but get rid of with difficulty followed by burning sensation.
Hoarseness: Hoarseness, loss of voice, aggravated in the evening, from warm wet weather.
Life saving: It is a life saving medicine works well in the last stages of diseases, with copious cold sweat, cold breath, cold tongue, voice lost.
Important Characteristic Features
Cholera: Carbo Vegetabilis is a very good medicine to treat cholera, especially in the last stages (in the collapse stage of cholera). Symptoms are the result of loss of vital fluids. There is vomiting and involuntary, cadaverous smelling diarrhea. Prostration is so great that the person lies quiet, contains a cold body, too weak to move, thread-like fast pulse and cold breath. Cheeks and eyes are sunken with an earthy complexion; face looks hippocratic; blueness and coldness of the skin because of deficient capillary circulation and loss of vital power. There is a great desire for fanning constantly and from a very close distance. Cold sweat on the forehead with coldness of the full body. Lips may be bluish and the person may be conscious or unconscious. In this situation, Caro Vegetabilis is the only remedy which can save the life of the patient.
Piles: Carb Vegetabilis is for itching piles and for painful diarrhea of old people. This remedy has bluish, protruding piles; also has burning in the epigastrium; anxiety, and is ideal for bad effects of ice cream and ice water in hot weather.
Periods and leucorrhea: Menses too early and too profuse in nature. Blood pale or thick, corrosive and acrid smelling. Burning, itching and Soreness of the parts. Periods are too frequent, preceded by spasmodic colic, and accompanied by violent headache and colic. Abundant leucorrhea, mostly in the morning. Weakness from nursing. Suppression of milk. Burning pains and vaginal fistula. Brown, foul smelling lochia.
Pneumonia: Carb Vegetabilis is very effective in desperate cases of pneumonia, and comes in quite naturally after Ant-t has failed to help the person to clear his lungs of the great quantities of loosened mucous, when cyanosis and paralysis threaten from debility.
Amelioration: From eructation, cold application, sitting up, fresh air, from fanning.
Aggravation: Fatty food, coffee, butter, milk, morning, evening, warmth, night, open air, from cold, alcohol, reading aloud, during eating, etc.
Follows well: Lyc, Nux-v, Ars, Acon, Sep, Sulph, Chin, Kali-c, Puls, Verat.
Complementary: Phos, Kali-c, Dros.
Inimical: Carb-Animalis, Kreos.
Antidotes: Lach, Ferr, Ars, Camph, Coff.
Antidotal to: Camph, Lach, Coff, Ars.
For the bad effects of exhausting ailments, whether in old or young: Phos, Chin, Carbo Vegetabilis, Psor.
Effects of typhoid: Carb Vegetabilis, Psor.
Hemorrhage from any broken down condition of mucous membranes: Carb Veg, Phos, Cinch.
Awakens often from cold limbs and experiences cold knees at night: Apis, Carb-veg.
Aggravations from getting overheated: Carb Vegetabilis, Ant-c.
Carbo Veg Dosage
- Low triturations in intestinal disorders.
- 30,200 potencies in specific conditions.
- High and highest potencies in constitutional and miasmatic situations.
- Low and mid potencies can be repeated.
- High and highest potencies should be prescribed or given in single dose.
Therapeutic Value: Cough, Constipation, Mumps, Stomach Disorders, Acidity, Angina pectoris, Aphonia, Asthma, Bronchitis, Cholera, Debility, Disorders of pregnancy, Dysentery, Dyspepsia, Emphysema, Epistaxis, Eructation, Fevers, Flatulence, Gangrene, Headache, Heart affections, Measles, Orchitis, Otorrhoea, Skin affections, etc.
- Carbo vegetabilis is a life saving medicine and is the homeopathic last help for the last stage in fatal diseases.
- A dose of Carbo veg every 8 days gives the action of Lycopodium.
Note: Carbo Vegetabilis is a deep acting medicine and must be used only after consulting a competent doctor and self-medication should be avoided.
I had accomplished D. H. M. S in 2008, I have been into practice (in Rawalpindi & Islamabad) since 11 years. During my practice, I have been treating acute as well as chronic disorders. I had also completed MHS (Masters of Human Sexuality) in 2014 from SAIHS. Dengue fever, Developmental Delay and Paralysis attract my attention, therefore, I love to solve these cases.
Apart from Homeopathy, I am M.A in English Literature from Punjab University. I have been teaching English at Post Graduate National College Rawalpindi for 5 years. So I am holding two noble professions. I have written more than 6000 articles on different subjects. To be more specific I have authored different websites as well.