- 1 What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- 2 What are the Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- 3 What are the Risk Factors?
- 4 What are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- 5 Homeopathic Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- 6 Homeopathic Remedies For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- 7 Causticum – Best Homeopathic Medicine for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- 8 Ruta – Top Grade Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- 9 Hypericum – Homeopathic Medicine for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome due to Trauma
- 10 Arnica, Bellis Perennis – Best Homeopathic Remedies for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- 11 Plumbum Met – Homeopathy for Advanced Stage of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- 12 Prevention
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel is a passage in the wrist through which the median nerve is passed and the compression of this nerve is called carpal tunnel syndrome. The median nerve is situated on the palm side of the wrist and it is also known as carpal tunnel. The function of the median nerve is to give sensation to your index finger, long finger, ring finger and thumb. Carpal tunnel syndrome can develop in one or both of your hands.
This condition is more common in women as compared with men due to the comparatively small size of carpal tunnel passage in the wrists.
What are the Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve of your hand gets pinched or compressed. The compression can be a result of several reasons such as injury, obstructed blood flow, inflammation or swelling of the carpal tunnel or from an injury that makes the tunnel narrow.
What are the Risk Factors?
There are a few risk factors that can result in carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Thyroid issues
- Diabetes mellitus
- Trauma or fracture of the wrist
- High blood pressure
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Fluid retention from menopause and pregnancy
- Sedentary lifestyle
- If you are a women
- Certain allopathic medications
- Repeated hand and wrist movement (it is one of the major risk factors that can result in carpal tunnel syndrome)
The repeated hand or wrist movement can be related to the occupation of that person including playing the piano, typing on a computer, use of vibrating tools and tools used by carpenters etc.
What are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
The main symptoms of Carpal tunnel syndrome are:
- Numbness in the fingers of the hand including index finger, middle finger, ring finger and thumb
- Weakness in the hand
- Tingling sensation
- Burning sensation in the thumb and fingers excluding the little finger
- Pain in the hand and wrist
If left untreated, it can result in atrophy of muscles of the thumb.
Homeopathic Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Homeopathy is a highly advanced science that can save you from the knife of the surgeon also in cases of carpal tunnel syndrome. Homeopathic remedies for carpel tunnel syndrome can treat the patients effectively. The treatment from the medicines will relieve the swelling and inflammation of the carpal tunnel and eventually will reduce the pinched median nerve. Furthermore, the remedies will also help to improve the symptoms of tingling, numbness, burning and weakness of fingers and hands. The best homeopathic medicines for carpal tunnel syndrome are Causticum, Ruta, Hypericum, Bellis Perennis, Arnica and Plumbum Met. These medicines work well in cases of carpel tunnel syndrome.
Homeopathic Remedies For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Causticum – Best Homeopathic Medicine for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Homeopathic medicine Causticum is a top grade homeopathic remedy for carpal tunnel syndrome. The prominent symptoms to indicate this remedy are weakness in hands, loss of sensation in hands and fingers and numbness. It is very effective in cases of carpal tunnel syndrome when there is an excessive weakness of the hands is present and the muscles of the hands have also atrophied. Additionally, it is also prescribed when the palm side of the hand has a flattish appearance.
Ruta – Top Grade Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Ruta Graveolens is another homeopathic medicine that can be prescribed to treat this condition. It is indicated in cases of carpal tunnel syndrome when there is inflammation of the wrist tendons due to overuse of the wrist. It is also recommended when tendonitis occurs due to the fracture or sudden strain of the wrist.
Hypericum – Homeopathic Medicine for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome due to Trauma
Hypericum is one of the best homeopathic remedies to treat carpal tunnel syndrome where the main symptom is a tingling sensation or numbness of the thumb and fingers. Apart from the previous symptoms, there is a burning sensation in the fingers too. In addition, the patient may complain of a sensation as if something is crawling on the fingers. Homeopathic medicine Hypericum also works well in cases of carpal tunnel syndrome when it occurs due to trauma.
Arnica, Bellis Perennis – Best Homeopathic Remedies for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Homeopathic remedies Arnica and Bellis Perennis are ideal remedies to treat carpal tunnel syndrome when it is a result of an injury. Arnica is prescribed when soreness and weakness in the fingers are the main symptoms. The patient is unable to grip things with his hands due to a lack of strength. Homeopathic medicine Bellis Perennis works well in carpal tunnel syndrome when the tendons of the carpal tunnel passage become inflamed due to trauma and result in compression of the median nerve. As a consequence, the person feels numbness, pain and tingling sensation in the fingers and thumb. This homeopathic remedy is also indicated when there is a repeated strain over the carpal tunnel passage.
Plumbum Met – Homeopathy for Advanced Stage of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
When it comes to dealing with the advanced stage of carpal tunnel syndrome, Plumbum Met is an ideal choice. It is selected when the finger muscles of the person have started to degenerate or atrophy. There is a marked weakness in the fingers and hands. The patient who suffers from this condition lacks the strength to lift anything with his hand due to weakness. Apart from the previous symptoms, in severe cases, the patient also complains of tingling sensation and numbness in the hands and fingers. Additionally, the person also experiences tearing or lightening like pain through the fingers in cases of carpal tunnel syndrome.
For the time being, there are no proven strategies to prevent this condition, but you can reduce the stress on your wrists and hands with these tips:
- Reduce your force and relax your grip. If your occupation involves a keyboard or cash register, you need to hit the keys in a soft manner. For prolonged handwriting, use a big pen with soft grip and free flowing ink to reduce the force.
- Take short, frequent breaks. Bend your hands and wrists frequently. If your working involves vibrating tools that needs a great amount of force, you should take a break for a few minutes each hour.
- Replace your computer mouse. In this modern age of computers, you should change your mouse if it strains your wrist and get a comfortable one.
Note: Medicines mentioned here are for information purpose only. Kindly do not self-medicate.
Click the Whatsapp Button to Contact us.
You can write about your problem To Dr. Arsalan Rauf and receive a reply on How Homeopathy can help in treating your disease or illness.
I had accomplished D. H. M. S in 2008, I have been into practice (in Rawalpindi & Islamabad) for more or less 12 years. During my practice, I have been treating acute as well as chronic disorders. I had also completed MHS (Masters of Human Sexuality) in 2014 from SAIHS. Dengue fever, Developmental Delay, Urethral Stricture, Sexual dysfunctions and disorders in males as well as females attract my attention, therefore, I love to solve these cases.
Apart from Homeopathy, I am M.A in English Literature from Punjab University. I have been teaching English at Post Graduate National College Rawalpindi for 5 years. So I am holding two noble professions. I have written more than 6000 articles on different subjects. To be more specific I have authored different websites as well.