- 1 What is CoronaVirus – Covid-19?
- 2 What are the Types of Coronavirus?
- 3 What are the Symptoms of Coronavirus?
- 4 Risk Factors
- 5 Complications
- 6 Homeopathy and Viral Infections
- 7 Homeopathic Medicine for Coronavirus
- 8 Role of Homeopathy in Epidemics
- 9 Homeopathy Prophylactic Approach To Covid-19
- 10 Prevention
What is CoronaVirus – Covid-19?
Coronavirus or Sars-Cov-2 is another virus that infects the respiratory tract of humans. In addition, it also affects dogs, rats, pigs, horses, cattle and cats. Most of them are not dangerous. It can also cause severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
Human Coronaviruses were first recognized in the 1960s. The name of the virus was coined on the crown-like projections on their surfaces. Corona is basically a Latin word that stands for crown or halo.
Where did it originate?
The origin of Coronavirus is in animals including bats and camels. Generally, they are not able to pass into humans. Occasionally, a Coronavirus mutates and transfer from animal to humans and then human to human.
- Alpha Coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E)
- Beta Coronavirus OC43 (HCoV-OC43)
- SARS-CoV (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Alpha coronavirus NL63 (HCoV-NL63, New Haven coronavirus)
- Beta coronavirus HKU1
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), previously known as novel coronavirus 2012 and HCoV-EMC.
- Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), also known as Wuhan pneumonia or Wuhan coronavirus. Here Novel stands for newly discovered or newly originated.
Novel Coronavirus is the newly discovered virus which is also known as Wuhan Coronavirus. It is also known as 2019-nCoV. The outbreak of this virus was identified and reported in Wuhan, China. On 31st December 2019, the first case of this virus was identified and WHO (World Health Organization) labeled it as 2019-nCoV.
Within no time, the virus has reached Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Tokyo, Shanghai, Vietnam, Singapore and Washington USA. There are more than 200 million infected people and almost 4 million of them died. The mortality rate estimation is not possible due to the rise of infected people count. There are also more than a million cases reported in Pakistan too.
The symptoms vary from person to person and it can be mild to severe in intensity. After the exposure of the virus, the symptoms tend to appear 2-14 days.
The most common symptoms are:
- Loss of taste
- Loss of smell
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Body aches
People with certain health conditions are at higher risk of getting covid 19 and it can affect all age groups:
- Type 1 & 2 Diabetes
- Heart disease
- CKD or Chronic Kidney disease
- Lung disease
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- High blood pressure
- Trouble in breathing
- Heart problems
- Blood clots
- Acute kidney injury
- Additional bacterial and viral infections
Transmission of Coronavirus
It is a highly contagious virus and it can be spread:
- If the infected person cough or sneeze without covering his/her mouth
- Shaking or touching the hands of virus affectees
- Making contact with a surface that contains virus and then touch your eyes, nose or mouth
Homeopathy and Viral Infections
Viruses can affect any human being and homeopathic medicines have the ability to strengthen the immune system to get rid of viral infections. Coronavirus can become lethal if not treated properly. It can cause weakness and can also lead to even death.
Homeopathic treatment for Coronavirus depends on individual symptoms. After the complete evaluation of symptoms, homeopathic remedies to cure Coronavirus can be prescribed.
The suggestive homeopathic remedies for Coronavirus are Influenzinum, Aconite, Hepar Sulph, Antimonium Tart, Blatta, Bacillinum, Carcinosinum, China, Justicia, Eupatorium Perf, Rhus Tox, Belladonna, Gelsemium, Bryonia, Sulfur, Tuberculinum, Typhoidinum and Arsenic Album.
Related Read: Homeopathy for Post Covid Syndrome
Role of Homeopathy in Epidemics
Homeopathic mode of treatment had been a successful treatment when it comes to dealing with epidemics such as cholera, smallpox, malaria, diphtheria and yellow fever and pandemics including Dengue fever and Covid-19.
Still, the conventional mode of treatment does not have treatment for dengue as well as for covid-19. I have treated a number of cases of dengue fever in my clinical history and all of them cured within 5 days of treatment.
I have also treated more than 80 patients of Covid-19 during this span of pandemic with 100% success rate.
Homeopathy Prophylactic Approach To Covid-19
Homeopathic nosodes can be used for prophylaxis and it should be taken after consulting a competent homeopath.
In my opinion, the best homeopathic remedies that can be used as prophylactic for Covid-19 are Arsenic Album, Bacillinum, Carcinosinum, Influenzinum and Sulfur. However, we cannot finalize one homeopathic medicine for every patient, it can be prescribed after taking the case history of the patient. For example, if a person has weak immunity, it can be treated with Carcinosinum. Now let’s have a look at other suggestions.
According to Ayush Ministry in India, Arsenicum Album can be used as preventive medicine for Coronavirus/Sars-Cov-2.
Homeopathic medicine Camphor is recommended by Dr. Rajan Sankaran for prophylaxis.
Homeopathic mode of treatment can cure Coronavirus and it is replete with medicines to treat it, we have treated a number of patients in our clinic and the numbers are increasing by and by. Homeopathic treatment for Covid-19 is only possible after case taking of the patient and the individual symptoms may differ from case to case.
- Wear face masks (in public areas and especially around those who are sneezing or coughing)
- Wash your hands often using soap and water
- Avoid close contact with sick people (patients)
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your sneeze or cough using a tissue
- Disinfect and clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Avoid contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals
- If you are suffering from fever, cough or difficulty in breathing immediately consult a doctor
I had accomplished D. H. M. S in 2008, I have been into practice (in Rawalpindi & Islamabad) for more or less 12 years. During my practice, I have been treating acute as well as chronic disorders. I had also completed MHS (Masters of Human Sexuality) in 2014 from SAIHS. Dengue fever, Developmental Delay, Urethral Stricture, Sexual dysfunctions and disorders in males as well as females attract my attention, therefore, I love to solve these cases.
Apart from Homeopathy, I am M.A in English Literature from Punjab University. I have been teaching English at Post Graduate National College Rawalpindi for 5 years. So I am holding two noble professions. I have written more than 6000 articles on different subjects. To be more specific I have authored different websites as well.